More Imperial Fists Scouts

I just finished off a couple more scouts.  I can't seem to settle on how I want to paint things, so there are some little differences here.  I took the yellow highlight a little higher and changed my red up a little.


Also, I changed the black up some, adding in blue from the Space Wolves family for all layers.  I don't know if any of these changes actually come across in the pics, but in person, I'm liking the black better.


I think I mentioned this before, but when it comes to the chapter badge I start with a decal and then paint over it.  I think the transfer blends to the rest of the model better once it's shaded and highlighted.  Also, my painting is not perfect, so that decal looks way too crisp and neat by itself!


 I changed the skin up too, partly to try something new and partly because I just finished Sons of Dorn.  The recruits come from all over, so I don't think I'll have a set skin recipe.



 Again, I've missed some details that I'll have to come back for, but these are done for now.  Painted the lens on one scout but not on the gun of the other...Doh!


Coming up:  Scout Sergeant!  Conversion time...

-

5 comments:

Scullmeister said...

As usual, these look excellent. I really like how you do your yellow.

IDICBeer said...

They look fantastic, nice job mate

HOTpanda said...

Congrats on serving up both a delicious meal and for setting a strong example to all those around you. Hope you don;t mind me featuring you in my weekly themed top-x over at The Chaos Manifesto. Cheers and thanks for sharing.

40K Giveaway said...

Thanks guys, I'm actually enjoying the yellow so far (we'll see how I'm doing a 1000 points from now). You bet Panda, feature away, and thanks!

skywatcher said...

The black's look very nice. It looks more natural to have those blues in the black than straight black anyways.