Imperial Fists - Terminators (WIP)

I've been pretty distracted with Dark Vengeance, but I finally have some terminator pics to share. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on my "shooty or TH/SS" question. Obviously, I opted for TH/SS for this first squad. I knew I'd be painting up another at some point, and I thought I might want to use the rumored DV termies for my shooty squad. 


If you've seen any of my recent posts, you know I've been drooling over the Dark Vengeance set, and have pretty much decided to start two new armies! Sooo,  the Deathwing models will remain Deathwing. And yes, I'm a sap and GW rolled right over me.


As with the tac squad sarge, these minis are done more in an Ultras style than strict IF. I guess I like the punch of the white helmets. More pics inside...


I'm not sure about the heads of the thunderhammers. I toyed with the idea of painting them in the power weapon style (well, current power weapon style, wreathed in crackling energy). 'Eavy Metal is still rockin this metallic style though, so I went that route (yeah, I chickened out, I'll tackle crackling energy another time...if you know of any good examples of THs like this, leave a link in the comments).





Details and markings coming up. Question: Does anyone mess with painting the back of the storm shields?

-

5 comments:

Dat Chu said...

Love it. The yellow comes out awesome. The white shoulder pads have top highlight that adds to the depth of the model. I really love yellow and dark grey. I think you got those color down on the dot.

I have not seen anyone messing with the back of the storm shield. I also can't recall seeing an example write-up or a video about lightning on the thunder hammer either. I need to watch more videos.

Big Poppa Fresh said...

I paint the back of my storm shields, but I am using the larger black templar forgeworld shields which are larger. Also I am doing a red and white cross pattern on the back ground of the shields so leaving them black looks a little odd. Since your's have a black border on the edge I would just leave them as is. They look good.

I also am doing white helmets on my terminators so they fit with the outlines of the codex astartes

EllisW said...

The link I found I can't find again but on my blog I have an example of the effect he used for the thunderhammer on my terminators. miniaturemadnesss.blogspot.com love your style of painting

Brandon said...

great painting! I was wondering on how you did your bases? did you buy them online or make them?

40K Giveaway said...

Thanks guys! I think I'll leave the backs as they are this time. Ellis, thanks for the TH reference, pretty sweet looking. Next batch might get that treatment. Brandon, I make the bases with VCT floor tile and sand. Pretty quick and easy, and can be used to portray concrete or slabs of rock.
I did an article on this once (old blog), I may have to revamp some of that content here...