Imperial Fists - Finished Terminators



These guys have been done for a while, but have been waiting for their photo shoot.  Not a lot different than their first appearance, but the detail work has been finished, so I'm calling 'em done.  As with the tactical squad, I've based their shoulder markings on an option in the Insignium Astartes. I don't know that all termie squads will get the same shoulder, but I'm liking it on these dudes.

more hammer swingin' inside:

This one's been hobnobbing with mammals:









Ah, the aforementioned mammals must have been their wolfie brethren....caught red handed! (no wait, that's the Crimson sort....nevermind)


In honor of Randroid of Drinkin' and Modelin', I give you 'Black Thunder' from Austin Beerworks.  I won't try to review as expertly as Randroid, but this is good stuff.  If you live in the Austin area, get some!  Hmmm....we don't need blog exchanges, we need beer exchanges. If only the shipping could be worked out...

5 comments:

pchappel said...

Looking good! Been doing a batch of Crimson Fist Sternguard... I was just not up to painting yellow :-) Blue is easy...

styx said...

Nice brushwork!

agemmanjw said...

Outstanding!!! I love well done yellow, and these easily qualify. For Dorn!

GrimKlaw said...

Lovely work on those Terminators. I really wish that I had your skill. It will come with practice, must keep working!

All the best,

Ludovic

40K Giveaway said...

pcchappel: Thanks, man! I'm a fan of the Crimson Fists too, I like the idea of having a squad or two and bringing Pedro along

Styx & agemmanjw: Thanks! getting the yellow good (good enough) was quite a process

GrimKlaw: That's high praise man, thank you! It definitely took practice to get anywhere painting-wise....I have to remind myself sometimes to enjoy where I am and just keep painting (don't let it become work, keep it play!)